18.1.11

On the right track you can be too!

At the beginning of this year I thought I know I am going to fail again. This sucks I can't find the right way to do this. I am going to be fat for ever just suck it up but I still started and about a week ago I thought what makes me want to do this? Earning something for them. Facebook I post to earn comments, same with texts and youtube. I read to earn a story. Why not do the same for a diet. I made a game of it and earn points. trying to get 5 points a day. If I get 100 points I can have and extra 500 calories for a day and if I don't make enough points in a week it is an extra hour work out the next week NO points. It has given me drive to do this and to lose this weight. Only a week in and I feel great and my cloths fit so well and even people at work have noticed. I have not weighted my self but it is not about weight it is about being happy in the body I am in and happy with what I am doing and I am.

I realized today I earned something else with this point system I am not so driven by food. I went into target and looked at the dollar bins and realized the first thing I did in stores was look for something to eat or drink when I was not hungry or thirsty. This is still not going to be easy but at least I am making it fun. I love feeling my abs throughout the day because I did my crunches the night before and I actually love drinking just water or tea it makes life some much easier and most of all I have cut a lot of processed foods out so I feel more alive and calm and my skin is clearing up.

Here is my point system for any one that wants to try.

The Rules: Try to get 5 or more points a day, for each 100 points you get you get 500 extra calories (for one day with in a week of getting the 100) if you do not get at least 21 points a week it is an extra hour of working out with not points from it the next week (can break into 2 30 minute sessions if it is a busy week)

Points:
+2 losing ten pounds
+1 30 minutes of working out
+1 drinking 8 glasses of water
+1 for having only your daily allowed calories (or less) (mine is 1200 a day)
+1/2 for 500 crunches (do what you know is hard but not crazy)
+1/2 100 squats (I prefer weighted squats)
+1/2 50 push ups
-1 having over 300 daily allotted calories
-1 for each 100 calories over that 300 (so example if I had 1700 calories in a day that would be -3)

That is about it so far. I may add more or change some and of course you can do the same don't make it to easy or to hard and if you don't have a great day one day remember tomorrow you start fresh and can counter at the bad days with great ones. I use TWEETWHATYOUET.com to help my calories counting and then count my points the next morning and note it in my agenda.

I hope this helps and please remember don't get crazy with this and don't let it take over your life. It is to help you stay motivated and find a balance for you. GOOD LUCK!